A plethora of delights for your delectation…
1. NETWORK LAUNCH EVENT
A collaborative start for the Co-production Network for Wales
CELEBRATION, PLANNING & RECRUITMENT EVENT
26 May, 9.30 registration, 10.00-4.00, Welshpool Livestock Sales, Welshpool SY21 8SR
Getting funding for the member-led Network (thank you Big Lottery) has involved a whole pile of people (i.e. you) who’ve given their time, shared expertise, enthusiasm and resources, persuaded others, written policy papers, made legislation, and inspired us all by their commitment to co-productive ways of working. Now we need to carry on as we’ve begun, working together to transform our public services. This event is the first step.
If you want to be part of a co-produced Wales, please come along and…
- CELEBRATE the people and organisations who have inspired and supported us over the past four years with presentations from 8 – 80 year-olds, citizens, professionals, government officers & AMs, from Wales and the world.
- PLAN Work with us to develop our membership & governance strategy and identify opportunities for collaboration across the proposed Network activities.
- RECRUIT Meet the shortlisted candidates for our Network Director & Co-ordinator posts, and get involved in this informal stage of the selection process.
Presenters include… our patron Edgar Cahn, Powys Young Carers, NPT Homes sheltered housing residents, Spice timebanks, 4Cs Young Commissioners, Bronafon Youth Forum.
HOW DO I BOOK A PLACE? Tickets are free. Booking form and more details are on our Eventbrite page. https://launching-the-coproduction-network-for-wales.eventbrite.co.uk
2. CELEBRATORY VIDEO – help us make a noise!
With the help of the lovely Dave Cook from WCVA we’re hoping to create a celebratory video with extracts from just some of the hundreds of messages of support we’ve received over the past few years. This will be shown at the Network event and posted up on YouTube.
ADD YOUR VOICE by sending a 30-second message of support/celebration – spoken, written, sung, danced, drawn. Easy peasy!
- Use your phone, or computer or a video camera to record your 30-second contribution.
- Write ‘Celebratory video’ in the email subject box.
- Write the name/s of the contributors and the organization (if appropriate) in the email – we’ll include this as a caption.
- Email it to Dave – dcook@WCVA.org.uk – by Monday 16th May.
- If it’s too large to send, let Dave know and he’ll give you access to our Event Dropbox.
And then when we are all old and grey and our great-grandchildren ask us what we did in the great Co-production Revolution, we can, with modest pride, show them the video.
3. NETWORK JOBS
NETWORK DIRECTOR & NETWORK CO-ORDINATOR: For a Wales where everyone is valued as a contributor to the common good
Just a week to go to the deadline!
For an information pack and application form please visit http://www.cartrefi.org/en/careers/current-vacancies.aspx
Please tell everyone you know (including yourself) and encourage people to apply.
and in case you are wondering how you can support a continuation of joy and bliss, here are some suggestions…
- Share this information with others
- Come to our launch event
- Contribute to the Celebration Video
Stay involved by adding your name to our 1000-strong list of supporters via this direct link: http://eepurl.com/bX8CtP
As individuals we are relatively powerless. Collectively we are unstoppable!
PS and for a final burst of joy, here’s a quote from our acting CMO Chris Jones:
“I am keen to support co-production as a systemic approach across Wales”